Monday, June 9, 2014

Feet on the mend

Finally took myself to the doctor today to have my feet looked at. I wasn't sure how I'd react or what they'd do, and was pretty anxious leading up to the appointment. The doc was pretty amazed at the damage I'd done to myself by sliding accidentally on a carpet (shallow second degree, ugh), and pulled out a basin to do some debriedment. I may have freaked out a little, but it didn't hurt nearly as much as I thought it would. The doctor was completely unsympathetic, haha! It didn't take long though, and she said I'd done a good job of keeping them clean. Then she gave me a bucket of gauze and xeroform and saline, bandaged me up, and sent me on my way! Easy! (Kind of.) I changed the bandages tonight, and was amazed at how clearly I remember all of the smells. Everything has a scent. The xeroform, the bandage, the wound - I guess remembering these smells like it was yesterday is part of a traumatic experience. I found it more interesting than upsetting though, whew! 
The doc has me leaving them open at night, and bandaged during the day. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery, and that my boots fit okay tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment