Sunday, October 21, 2012

A New Day

It's been a little over a year since I first got my compression garments! I have worn them nearly 24/7 since last October (6-8 more months to go), and I'm celebrating today by NOT wearing them. IT FEELS GREAT. I felt a little awkward walking through town on my way to Deike this afternoon, but I made it without mishap. I can't help but still wonder if people are looking at me and looking at my scars, but for the first time, I found that my thoughts were more dominated by the sheer joy of feeling the sun and the wind on my legs rather than what people were thinking of me. Glancing down at my legs as I walked into Starbucks (I rewarded myself with a hot chocolate), I almost laughed out loud because all I could think was 'man, my legs look so good,' - and you know what? Although it does hurt to find people staring at me, the fact that I can look at myself now and be happy both that I have come so far and with who I am now trumps that like nothing else.

It's a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment