Monday, April 2, 2012

279 days

Hello! How's it going? What have you been up to? I've been settling into a masters' program at Penn State, meeting people, making friends, taking classes, being insanely busy... and also, taking care of myself. I had a checkup this past Friday that went excellently - my doctor was completely floored when she saw my scars/previously injured areas (what would you call that?), and she wanted to know the name of the stones that my mom used on me (and which I am continuing to use now) so that she could recommend them to her other patients! My mom is so awesome.

While I was there, we talked about silicon, which was fun. I got some sheets of it to play around with - you use it inside of the compression garments, and it helps keep the scar tissue moist! Pretty neat! I have yet to try it out in force though; you have to wait 45 minutes after moisturizing to put it on because it works best if it's sticking directly to you, and I am really used to moisturizing and then falling into bed. Lately, it has been precisely that. One of my new garments will have the silicon built in, so that's really neat! I asked for three different colors this time: bright pink, purple, and red. Woo! I'm excited for some springy/summery colors.

I would say that things are normalizing. I'm not there yet, but when I look back on some of the older posts, I'm struck by the pretty significant change in my outlook. Or rather, inlook. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment